Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Up to My Eyeballs in Excrement

WARNING: The following blog post is not for the squeamish or those who don't like "bathroom" talk.

What is it about having kids and dogs that puts poop at the forefront of your daily life?

Today, when picking David up from school his teacher told me why he was wearing his "extra" clothes and not the clothes in which I dropped him off that morning. It seems that the little tyke wanted to investigate his diaper shortly after filling it with waste. When he displayed his soiled hands to his teacher, he exclaimed, "Yuck." Of course, before showing off his poopy extremities, he wiped them on his clothes. Now Mommy gets the distinct pleasure of washing the poop laden clothing that has been wrapped in a plastic bag for a good portion of the day.

But, before I could navigate home and to the washing machine, I discovered a lovely treasure awaiting me in the laundry room. One of the dogs relieved herself on the floor. It's always certain to make one cranky when one comes home to a house that reeks of dog doo doo.

So, after opening all doors and windows and lighting more than one sccented candle, I clean up the malodorous mess on my floor, and then tackle the noxious bag of clothing. Poop, poop, poop, poop. When does the poop-free part of my life begin?

My friend Brandi put it perfectly when she said, "So, you are having a sh*#@y day, huh?" Pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment