Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt

That was the name of the game today. My daredevil, hyper-active, won't sit down while eating toddler learned this lesson today. Well, he received the lesson...time will tell if he learned it.

It was a delightful Sunday-after church lunch date with our friends and their children. David wouldn't sit down in the high-chair. I didn't know it at the time, but I would change history when I uttered the words, "Sit down or you are going to fall." Less than a minute later I watched in horror, and slow-motion, as my toddler did a what looked to be a graceful backwards swan dive onto the hard tile floor. SMACK! I thought for sure that when Andrew picked up David that blood would be rushing from his cracked skull. I envisioned us rushing to the hospital for stitches. Thankfully that was not the case. It was by the grace of God that the only thing we had to deal with was the wails and sobs of a hurt little boy. A dose of Tylenol, some TLC, and about 30 minutes and David was the same rambunctious little man he usually is.

And these are the stories that the mom of every child tells. The falls, the bruises, and sometimes even the broken bones or stitches. I am thankful for every one of these moments that I hope to go through over the course of my life as a parent. They seem scary at the time, but everyone of these moments means that God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment