Friday, April 16, 2010

The Truth Hurts

Especially when spoken by a child.

I was amazed that a 4 year old girl could bring me to tears. Sobbing, crying tears.

If you have read some of my recent posts you know it is no secret that David has been a handful lately. It has been about 6 months now since his very difficult behavior began. And in that time my son has gotten quite the reputation for his antics at school. More times than I would like to count I have heard kids tell me and tell their parents about David. They say, "David is bad." Or, "Why is David always a bad boy?"

I suppose with the craziness of yesterday still fresh in my heart, this girl's words hurt the most. David and I were making our way from the car to the school entrance and another family was right in front of us. The little girl turned and pointed to David and said to her parents, "That's David. He scratched me and made it red. I was going to get the bubbles and David just scratched me. He is soooo naughty all the time."

There it is. The truth according to a child. Ouch.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to you, my friend. I am sure it's hard and those words had to hurt. I know you know this, but David is precious beyond belief.

    ReplyDelete