Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cat Nap, Can't nap

Q: What happens when your child wakes up before 6am on Sunday?


A: Just before 11am he climbs onto your lap, snuggles close, and closes his eyes, all while he is telling you he doesn't want a nap and he is not tired.


We returned from our vacation yesterday afternoon just in time to freshen up and head to Saturday evening church. My little kiddo was more than happy to be home and after church he was more than excited even though bed time was quickly approaching. It was a little after 8pm when David was finally in bed. Mommy was not far behind him. I dreamed of sleeping in to the reasonable, but luxurious hour of at least 6:30 or 7am the next morning.


Morning came and I was awakened into reality by a sweet voice from my baby boy's room.


"Mommmmyyyyyy...Up," is what I heard.


Ugh. Really?! It was only 5:45am! My fate was sealed. I was up.


Now it's late morning. I've had my coffee, I've caught up on FB, even blogged a little. I'm ready to get this day rolling. There are toys to be picked up, bags to be unpacked, grocery shopping to be done. I guess now that I will be rolling all alone. My wee-man is curled up next to me, snoozing away. A blessing, I suppose. I can get my chores done without a shadow. Some brief quiet time. But, I wanted a nap, too! Like my grandma always says, "No rest for the wicked." In this case, no rest for the mommy.

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I find an answer to this problem, you'll be the first to know! Cade is an early riser also. I've tried getting him his own alarm clock and telling him he can't get up until there's a 7 on it. It works about 20% of the time. The rest of the time he wakes me and Ellie up by 6:30.

    ReplyDelete