Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun

September 28th marks two very special things.


It was on this date in 2007 that a 7lb. little baby was introduced to this world.


Two years later on the very same day, that very same boy was introduced to this world...as our son.


David was born to parents that were unable to care for him. Meanwhile, Andrew and I prayed for a child of our own to care for. I thank God everyday for the day this precious child was born. I thank God everyday for the call that changed our lives and gave us our sweet boy. I thank God everyday for the day we were able to adopt our little boy.


Happy birthday to my 3 year old little man. Happy adoption day to my son.


Not flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget
For a single minute:
You didn't grow under my heart,
But in it.



He predestined us to be adopted as His children through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will -Ephesians 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment