Tuesday, April 12, 2011

God's Plan for My Shark Steam Mop

I try not to take lightly the subject of God's plan or will for my life.  Though my thoughts and actions do not always follow reflect it accordingly, I trust Him.  I know He has a plan and purpose for my life.

So, it is no surprise that when several months ago I was called by His Divine Authority to purchase a Shark Steam Mop I followed God's calling.  Who am I to get in the way of the will of God, anyways? 

My Shark Steam Mop sat unused for a long time.  God's specific plan for the use of said mop had not been revealed to me.  In other words, I was just too lazy to get it out and mop my floors.  (Please don't judge me for having dirty floors.  I have a cleaning lady.  Please don't judge me for having a cleaning lady, either).

It was a beautiful spring day when God would finally call me to the ministry of the Shark.  I didn't really see it coming.  But that's God for ya.  He doesn't usually say, "Hey, Lauren!  On April 11, 2011, at approximately 4:30pm, I'm gonna call you to do something."  I wish He did that.

When I walked in my front door, I was met with a really unpleasant smell.  It was bad, but I couldn't put my finger on it.  My son found the source.  He had gone to the laundry room to let the dog out and began yelling, "Mommy, Sarah has poopy! Sarah has poopy!"  Ah, that's the smell.  And lo and behold, there was poopy.  Poopies.  Plural.  Many small piles, actually puddles, of doggy diarrhea strewn across 50 square feet of tile.  Thankfully it was tile.

I'm sure you can figure out the rest:  I wipe it up, then steam mop the heck out of the floor.  I steam mopped like I had never steam mopped before.  And, actually, I hadn't ever steam mopped before.  It was the Shark's maiden voyage.  I'm guessing the Shark would have preferred a more glamorous first run, but, that's the breaks.

The Doggy Diarrhea Disaster of Spring 2011 could not have been a better time for God to reveal His plan for my life, and for my Shark Steam Mop.  I am so thankful for my God and for His calling me to buy that Shark Steam Mop.  Hallelujah!

P.S. - This is not my first run-in with poop, canine or otherwise.  If you are so inclined to read more about my excrement adventures read here, here, here and here.

 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. The funniest part of this story is the end, "here, here, here and here." You live a poopy life my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a Shark which was brought into my life for purposes I have yet to discover. Although I will say - maybe it's because I mop so vigorously- it's actually a great ab workout. I'm thinking about doing it more often just to get my six pack in order before the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! lol Found you on Faithblogs ;)

    ReplyDelete