Monday, February 15, 2010

A Sweetheart of a Day

It wasn't the Valentine's weekend that I imagined for myself, but it was wonderful nonetheless. It began with a Saturday morning family photo shoot at our house. Then it was an afternoon baby shower for me. The boys found something to occupy their time while mommy was away. Before dinner Andrew and I exchanged gifts. Because I went with his new obsession (shooting) my gift for him was a hit. He got 600 small pistol primers, which by the way required 3 separate trips to Sparague's over 3 days because you can only buy 200 a day. I also threw in a gift card to Andrew's favorite store...Bass Pro Shops. Andy scored points when he presented me with a new lovely little Coach wristlet wallet. Next we had to drop David off at the Treehouse for child care. We didn't think we needed a reservation, but that's what we get for thinking! It was a close call, but David got to stay and we were off to dinner. It was the Yuma Matchmasters Shooting Club annual awards dinner. Not the romantic evening one may hope for. The food was not great and our company was shooting enthusiasts, even some dressed like old-timey cowboys. You had to be there. I was out of my element, but we were there with our friends, Tag and Brandi. We topped the evening off with a little night cap at the coffee shop and perusing magazines at the bookstore, one of our favorite activities.


Sunday was Valentine's Day. We skipped church (bad, I know), and enjoyed a homemade family pancake breakfast. We lounged around for the rest of the morning. After David's nap we grabbed some sandwiches and drove out to Mitry Lake to have a family picnic. We ate our lunch, walked around a bit, and even hiked to the top of a hill to take in the view of the entire lake and surrounding area. Then it was back home for a 2nd nap. That evening the in-laws came over for dinner and we grilled some pollo asado and Kammann sausages. We ended the night watching our favorite Sunday night TV show.


Monday was a day off for me, but not Andrew. While he headed to work (sucker!), I dropped David off at child care so I could enjoy a pedicure and lunch with a friend (read: adult conversation). After that it was back to get David so we could meet friends for a frozen yogurt date. And, what's a trip to the Foothills without a stop at Bernardo's for a stromboli to go for dinner.

Whew! It was jammed packed, but every minute was fabulous. It was one of those weekends when you just can't help but thank God for all His blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment