Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life Happens


I prefer this saying to the more vulgar saying made famous by bumper stickers on the rear of old pick-up trucks. Although both sayings are very accurate. Sometimes it can be difficult to differentiate between the two. That's been my problem of late.

While some things have been on an upswing in my life (David's craziness seems to have been somewhat temporarily tempered), some things have fallen into the crazy, dysfunctional, and/or just plain crazy category. I won't bore you (or embarrass myself) with the details. But, isn't this always the case? Just when one thing gets under control, another things goes nuts. Murphy's Law, suppose. I don't trust that Murphy, or his stupid laws. Right now, I am trusting God and reminding myself that, this, too, shall pass.


Some words of wisdom that get me through....

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain Hebrews 6:19

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Our hearts had not turned back; our feet had not strayed from your path. Psalms 44:18

No comments:

Post a Comment