Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Time Flies Regardless If You Are Having Fun

If the fact that I haven't blogged since mid-October is any indication that I have been living mi vida loca, I don't what is. Seriously...where DID November go?! Here are just the highlights of my past 45 days or so. Please don't mind the absolute randomness of the following....

I wrapped up October putting on my school's annual Fall Festival on Halloween. Oh, and did I mention my husband was out of town for like 3 out of 4 weekends in October? P.S. - David was the most adorable pirate on Halloween. Don't believe me? Take a look for yourself:

November began with me hocking rocks at my friend Lara's Stop & Shop for Adoption and my sister-in-law's wedding.

Veteran's Day was horribly windy, but David and I braved the parade anyhow. We also tried out the new paint-your-own-pottery studio in old town Yuma, Wild Imagination Pottery Studio. Note to self, and others: Paint-your-own-pottery has a lifespan of about 5 seconds for a 3 year old. Oh, and my hubs was out of town...AGAIN. He redeemed himself by bringing home an elk from his hunting adventure in Northern AZ. (Sarcasm level: HIGH) I cannot wait for that delicious elk meat! (Sarcasm level: VERY HIGH) I am not a deep freeze kind of gal, but in order to house all that gamy wild elk meat, I may have to become one. That doesn't make me happy.

Andrew went out of town one...more...time...before year's end (if you are keeping track, that brings the count to 6 out 7 consecutive weekends Andrew was MIA). I finally got a turn at leaving the ol' house, too. I had to attend the annual Lutheran Educators Conference in Palm Desert, CA. Can we say PAR-TAY!? Actually, despite how boring and milk-toast it sounds, it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed some much desired, but not needed, retail-therapy.

Thanksgiving was, thankfully (pun intended), uneventful. We spent the afternoon with Andrew's family. It was good that it was low-key because I had to physically and mentally prepare for my midnight shopping adventure for Black Friday. But that's a blog post for another time. And, since my hubs was finally spending a weekend at home, I got to go out and spend some time with friends, childless. I consider it a payback for all the days of single parentdom I spent in October and November. Lastly, we rounded out the holiday weekend with cookie baking and Christmas decorating.

And that brings us to present time. So, to summarize my last month and a half: I put on a festival, sold rocks to support adoption, attended a wedding, watched a parade, painted pottery, saw my first dead elk, traveled to CA and back, celebrated Thanksgiving, completed 90% of my Christmas shopping, hung out with friends, baked and ate cookies, and decorated for Christmas, mostly with a 3 year old in tow, but without a husband, and all while holding down a full-time teaching career. I suppose I didn't have time to update my blog.

I am glad that's over. Bring on December!

No comments:

Post a Comment