Monday, December 20, 2010

Independence Day

As of late, everyday seems to be Independence Day. However, the only kind of fireworks going off around here are the ones between the mommy and toddler and the battle of wills.

In preparing this blog post I checked out thesaurus.com for some help. Here is what I found:

Main Entry: independent

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: liberated, free

Synonyms: absolute, autarchic, autarchical, autonomous, freewheeling,
individualistic, nonaligned, nonpartisan, on one's own, self-contained,
self-determining, self-governing, self-reliant, self-ruling, self-sufficient,
self-supporting, separate, separated, sovereign, unaided, unallied, unconnected,
unconstrained, uncontrolled, unregimented

Antonyms: dependent, subordinate, subservient


All of the above describes my 3 year old these days. Here we go, this is the beginning of the independent years. These are some of the things we hear coming from the mouth of Mr. Independent....

I do it myself.

Only David. Not mommy (or Daddy).

My turn.

Go away, Mommy (or Daddy).

Give it to me.



If this is what it's like at 3, I am afraid of what lies ahead. Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment