Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's a Dog's Life

My poor dog.

Andrew and I got her shortly after we were married and she was our first baby. She was allowed on the furniture, she slept with us, we took her with us on drives or to visit the in-laws. Life for Sarah was great. Then came David. At that point everything changed. For everyone, really, but certainly for Sarah. She was no longer the baby. We didn't give her the attention she deserved, or had become accustomed to. Then to make matters worse for the poor girl, we brought home a puppy last summer. If I could imagine what Sarah was thinking it would be something like this: "WTH? Do you people hate me?! First the kid, now the puppy! What did I ever do to you?! Can you please get these two small creatures to leave me alone? And can someone please pet me. PLEASE?!"

I'm not proud of my behavior.

Today I finally took Sarah to the groomer for a much needed makeover. I was certain that after dropping her off the groomer would be placing a call to the ASPCA to report my pet neglect to the authorities. Sarah was so over grown she resembled a small light colored bear rather than a mild mannered Cocker Spaniel. And she smelled. Bad.

Well, a small fortune and a few hours later, the authorities were NOT alerted, and Sarah was a new woman, er, K9.

Here are some pics of my first baby, looking pretty and feeling like herself, again.....




Sarah was only permitted on the sofa for photo taking purposes.


Getting pampered can be exausting.








No comments:

Post a Comment