Friday, February 4, 2011

Mini Milestone and a Snack

If you are one, or know and love a primary teacher, you know that the 100th day of school is kind of a big deal.  I like to celebrate this mini milestone with a delicious snack.  What other way is there to celebrate, anyway?!

I found this idea a few years ago, somewhere on the web.  But, now, for the life of me, I have no idea where.  I wish I did so I could give credit where credit is due.  Sorry!

Anywho, 100th day Snack Mix is super easy and can be modified to every individual taste.  You only need 10 pieces of 10 bite-size ingredients.  You'll have 100 pieces of the snack mix...get it?!

This year's recipe was....
10 Cheerios
10 Rice Chex
10 raisins
10 mini marshmallows
10 chocolate chips
10 peanut butter chips
10 macademia nuts
10 plain M&M's
10 Cap'n Crunch
10 Cocoa Puffs

Kids making their snack


Raisins

Cheerios

M&M's

Macadamia Nuts

Peanut Butter Chip

Mini Marshmallows

Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Cap'n Crunch

Cocoa Puffs

Rice Chex

TaDa...100 pieces of snack greatness!
Put the ingredients in a plastic baggie and give it a little shake to mix.  Yummy!  The kids love making it, and love eating it even more. 

Happy 100 days!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment