Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner

For this working momma nothing is worse than having to cook dinner at the end of a long day with 2nd graders.  Actually, not having any dinner at all would be worse.  I have a new recent go-to-dinner that is delicious, homemade (read: not fast food), has vegetables, and satisfies the most hungry of tummies.  A mom's dream right?!

Here it is....Momma's Thai Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry Delight

3 or 4 Grilled chicken breasts, cut up
Veggies, any kind you want (I put julienne carrots, mushrooms, diced onion, green beans or asparagus)
Thai peanut sauce, any brand, found at most grocery stores
Steamed rice

I grill up the chicken in my most fabulous grill pan that I got at Ikea for only like $17 (SCORE!).  While that's grillin' up, in a large skillet I saute the veggies in a little olive oil, garlic, and the diced onion.  Meanwhile I am steaming up some rice.  At the end I add the cut up grilled chicken and the thai peanut sauce to the veggies in the skillet and give it a good mixin'.  Serve it over the rice, and delish!  Start to finish it only takes less than 30 minutes.

That Works For Me!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment