Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm Awesome & Awkward

 

I am LOVING Sydney @ The Daybook and just had to jump on the Awkward and Awesome Thursday bandwagon. Well, because, it is a little awkward and mostly awesome.


Lauren's Awkward:
I squeezed the bicep of a dad in my class. In my defense the dad has arms that are quite muscle-y and firm. They were really asking to be squeezed. Not any less awkward, though.

I learned that at his preschool my son hit another dad in the groin. Ouch.

I'm neither very old or very pregnant, but my feet and ankles are swelling up in this unseasonabl\y warm weather. It's only been 85 degrees.

I had run out of plastic knives and so when I brought prime rib leftovers for lunch I had to use the only thing available. A large cake knife. I'm not sure why I had it in my classroom, but it was there. Oh, I had a mom and dad at the table with me eating lunch with their son.

In the faculty vs. 8th grade softball game at our school, I ran from home plate to 1st base and was sore for the next 2 days.

While manning the Spin the Wheel game at our school's Spring BBQ I yelled out, "A dolla' will make you holla'!" I teach at a Lutheran School. There were kids and parents everywhere. Awkward and inappropriate.


Lauren's Awesome
After months spent in hiding, my feet have finally emerged from the darkness of closed toed flats and boots and are freshly pedicured and in sandals. It's spring, baby, and I'm back!

At the school's field day my team came in 1st place. Mostly because I didn't have to do any of the activiites or events. It was all the kids. I'm good at yelling "GO TEAM!"

I cooked an awesome dinner for my fam on Tuesday night and it only took less than 30 minutes to prepare. I have not cooked another dinner any night this week. I don't want to overdo myself. Part awesome, part awkward.

My bestie and I are planning a super trip to Queen Bee Market in San Diego.

A "leprechaun" visited my classroom for St. Patrick's Day and caused some disorder. It was the best thing that ever happened in the lives of my 2nd graders. According to my 2nd graders.


My bestie scored me a most awesome and fabulously shabby chic bird cage for less than $8 . She's good. So is the birdcage.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these! Especially when you squeezed the dad's bicep--too awesome {and way awkward}!

    ReplyDelete