Monday, September 19, 2011

Inquiring {Toddler} Minds and a Prayer Request

So I read recently that a toddler asks an average of 437 questions a day.  If this is true, and I am sure it is because I read it on the internet, my kid is above average.  Waaaay above average.  I think he is able to be such an overachiever mostly beacuse he likes to ask the same question more than once.  Like nineteen more times.

Here is an example of what I hear....

"Where's Daddy?"

"Am I going to school today"

"Is the bus picking me up?"

"Can I have a snack?"

"Can I watch Calliou?"

"Can you start it from the beginning?"

"Can you get me dressed now?"

"Where are you going?"

"Are you done?"

"Is is time to go now?"

"When is Daddy going to be home?"

"What time are you picking me up?"

Mulitply each of those questions by about 20, and we have covered the first half hour of my day.  To say he's curious and inquisitive is an understatement.



Now it's my turn to inquire of you...

I am asking for prayer for my friend Lara.  She kissed her two little baby dolls goodbye for a little while as she departed on a flight for Uganda this morning.  She and her husband are traveling there to bring home her third babydoll, a precious boy they are adopting from a Ugandan orphange.  I am asking for prayer for Lara and Jon as they travel across the world, for their two children being cared for by loving grandparents here in the U.S., and for their soon to be third child, A.  If you are mom, you can imagine how difficult it is to leave your babies.  As she follows God's calling, Lara is clinging to these words from Matthew 10:37-38....

Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

You can read more about Lara's righteous and radical journey here.  Please lift this family up in prayer.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment