Friday, February 24, 2012

Time to SHINE {Pass.It.Forward}

Ever wanted to change the world?  Ever wanted to do something that made a difference?  Ever wanted to change lives?  Ever met Ashley from the SHINE Project?  She wants to change the world, make a difference, and change people's lives.  And she does it.  And she wants others to do it, too.

Today is a HUGE day for the SHINE Project as Ashley is announcing her newest project and website. This project is simple: Pass It Forward.  By giving forward, you can give back. 

Here's the best part...there's a pass it forward card. 

Back view of Pass It Forward card
Here's how it works in Ashley's own words....

Pass It Forward was designed to get people to do little things, everyday, that makes an impact on the community around them. Pass it Forward is designed around a card.  Each card is given a unique ID number. Lets say we're at McDonalds, and I decide to pay for the person behind me in the drive through. I'd give the cashier the card, and tell them to pass it along to the next car when they give them the food that has been paid for. I then go home and log into the website that was on the card, and find my unique ID number. I log into it, and add my information... My first name, city, and a description of what I did....

Let's say the person behind me was you, you would pass it forward to someone else, and then would go home and do the same thing. From the very beginning, you will be able to track where your card goes, and how many people you affect just by doing one simple act of kindness.

Doesn't that sound cool?  And easy to do?  It's like a virtual pat on the back when you register your card and see where and how it blessed others.  Here we are, you and me, with the opportunity to dig our hands in and spread the shine!  We can make this happen.  We can bring a little shine to people.  And we can see just how far our shine will go.  To say I'm excited about this project is an understatement!

As one of the bloggers announcing this project, I will be getting my very own PassItForward card in the mail very soon.  And when I get my card, I'm gonna spread the SHINE!  Then I will come back here and share with you all what I did to PassItForward.  Awesome sauce!

I know you are now as excited as I am, so, go now, do not pass Go, do not collect $200 and find out how you can PassItForward and spread the shine, too!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment