Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

I'm not what one would call a Star Wars fan. I mean I have seen the movies (I do not now, nor have I ever lived under a rock). However, it seems that it was another life, on another planet, in another galaxy that everything was different. Allow me to explain...before my husband, I knew who drank the last soda or ate the last cookie...it was me (actually, it usually still is me). I never had the channel set to the Outdoor Channel to watch hunting programs. Before my dogs, my carpet was only soiled if I had been clumsy, not because an animal decided to relieve themselves. I was never nearly electrocuted by plugging in a lamp whose cord had been gnawed by tiny, sharp teeth. Before my son, my backseat was available for more than one passenger, my living room did not look as if a tornado had blown through, and both my husband and I could leave the house after 8pm without the threat of being investigated by Child Protective Services.

Now, I sit here among chewed cords (I didn't need that ipod cable, anyway), strewn toys, a curious little wet spot on the carpet, and the TV blaring turkey calls and shotgun blasts, and I realize that far, far away galaxy was not nearly as interesting or comical as the world I live in now. It was quieter and less messy, though.

I love you Andrew, I cherish you David, and Sarah and Sammy, you are both so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment