Saturday, March 6, 2010

Early Toddler Gets the Worm

It typically makes no difference what time my son goes to bed. He seems to enjoy waking up early. Me, I like to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday. And when I say sleep in, I mean like 7am. My alarm goes off at 5:00 am, Monday through Friday, so 7am on the weekends is practically lunch time to me.

Well, when going to Midnight at the Oasis on Friday night meant David didn't get to bed until 9:30pm, I thought maybe, just maybe, the sleep-in gods would smile upon me and bless me with some extra Z's.

I. Was. Wrong.

David began beckoning for me from his bed at 6am. Ugh.

The morning went something like this:

6:00 - David wakes up.

6:15 - I finally and begrudgingly get out of bed to get him.

6:18 - Taking advantage of the last 10 to 15 minutes before Andrew leaves for the day and then I don't get to bathe until after noon, I take a shower while David watches Elmo under Daddy's supervision.

6:30- Mommy gets coffee, David gets juice (and nobody gets hurt).

6:47 - David and I play in the family room.

7:10 - David climbs into my lap for the first time of the morning and is cuddly (read: sleepy).

7:52 - After numerous more trips into my lap, David makes his final ascent and beds down all nice and cozy.

8:26 - David snores.


At this point I am caught between loving the moment of him all cuddled next to me asleep, and being frustrated that I woke up 2 hours ago for this. I decided to look on the bright side....I now get to go back to bed. I put David into his bed and that is just what I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment