Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Journey to Motherhood

It's my 3rd Mother's Day as a bonified Mommy and it makes me think about how I got here. These are the milestones that have marked my journey to motherhood....

May 10, 1976 - Born to a mother (and a father)

April 5, 2002 - Met the man who would later become the father of my child

July 11, 2003 - Married Andrew Gross

January 24, 2008 - Became legally licensed to provide foster care in the state of Arizona

February 21, 2008 - Brought home a little blond haired, blue-eyed boy named David

May 11, 2008 - Celebrated my first Mother's Day as the foster mom to little David

September 28, 2009 - Became the mother of David Andreson Gross by legal adoption

November 20, 2009 - Received a certified birth certificate for David with my name listed as 'Mother'

May 8, 2010 - Parent-Child Dedication, 'passed the baton' of faith to my son

I love you, David, and I am so proud to be your Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren- this is awesome!! Someday I will have to ask you about the foster parent certification program. My heartstrings have been pulled and I feel a certain calling in that direction lately.

    ReplyDelete