Monday, March 28, 2011

Random and Lovin' It

It's Monday.  It's Spring Break.  I'm feeling random.  Here is some of my miscellania mania....

David enjoyed a Sunday drive around the yard in the Jeep he got for Christmas.  He stopped the car, looked at me and said, "I'm going to the drive-thru.  I get french fries."

It's Yuma County fair week and that's a big deal 'round these parts.  It's such a big deal that every school in the county takes Spring Break during the fair.  My favorite part of the fair, aside from the food, is the carcass display.  I'm not really a morbid girl, but there is something about a carcass display that says you live in a small town.  It's my go-to meeting spot when I meet my friends at the fair.  See you at the carcass display!

My son hates getting his nails cut.  Really, really hates it.  I've gotten him to come around with the fingernails.  He "helps" me cut them.  The toes are a different story.  He screams bloody murder.  I have to pin him down and pratically sit on him to hold him still.  It takes about a half hour to get it done.  And everytime I'm surprised that the neighbors haven't called the authorities. 

I had a Pampered Chef party in January and was able to get the awesome stoneware Deep Covered Baker.  This thing can cook a chicken in the microwave and it'll come out rotissiere style.  A working mom's dream come true.  Yummy and easy.  I used it once and fell in love.  Then it came crashing to the floor as it fell out of the cupboard.  I cried as I stood over the shattered pieces on the kitchen floor.  But, there is a happy ending to this story.  Pampered Chef sent me a new one as long as I send back the broken pieces of the old one.  Honey, go garbage digging!

I made a super cute and uber easy bracelet from this tutorial from V and Co.  Like so easy a caveman could do it.

Have a great Monday!  Check back later today and read about the new featured blog!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. OH my goodness my son is the same way with his toe nails! and somehow he thinks it hurts..when I cut his finder nails he keeps saying "OW!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Pampered Chef, love, love them. I am so glad your pan is getting replaced.

    And, I would love to see pics of the carcass display. Really, really love. :)

    ReplyDelete